Although Breastfeeding is the ideal way to Nourish a baby, there are many moms who chose to bottle feed their newborn. There is an art to successfully bottle feed a baby. Some feeding positions and strategies are required to make it comfortable for a baby to feed.
There are important steps that need to be followed while bottle fee
ding a baby.
- Cleanliness is important. Wash hands and clean area before preparing the bottles.
- Put bottles and nipples in boiling water for five minutes before using them the first time. After each use, wash the bottles for one minute in hot soapy water.
- If you are formula feeding your baby, it is important to stick to one type of formula unless it causes complications for your baby.
- When opening a can formula, clean the lid and can opener.
- Consult your baby’s doctor about the need to boil water for powdered formula preparation.
- Don’t microwave the bottles as it may burn baby’s mouth. Warm the bottles in hot water.
- Stop feeding when the baby is full.
- Discard leftover formula after each use.
- Buy formula only from reputable retailers and not from online auctions or flea markets to ensure the quality of the product.